CULTURAL AMBASSADOR CERTIFICATE DUBAI
- DATE: June 19 & 20, 2019
- LOCATION: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- PRICE (early bird): €1,500 per nomination if registered and paid prior to May 19th 2019. €1,800 for registrations and payments afterwards.
Become the Culture Expert Inside your Organisation.
The Cultural Ambassador is an intensive programme designed for Leaders and seniors managers to understand and manage strategically the culture factor in their organisation to achieve desired goals.
Operating globally brings many challenges and each regional/local office is different. With diversity becoming one of the most important pieces of the organisational environment, the management of culture is a central factor for the success of the organisation as a whole.
Topics such as employee engagement, productivity, communication, teamwork, leadership, employer branding and over 35 other organisational areas, touch organisations globally, yet every location has its own particularities.
For organisations where identifying cultural differences and the problems that may arise is a key concern, we have the perfect solution: The Cultural Ambassador Program.
You will leave the course knowing how to:
- recognise how your own personal background impacts the way you see and resolve problems in the workplace.
- develop insights into how to navigate the field of culture and strategy using different models of culture.
- use case studies and experiential training to recognise how these factors impact your personal work situations.
- recognise the role culture plays in everyday activities within your organisation.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
- E-learning on Culture
- Team Culture Scan
- Culture Compass Survey
- 2-day course
- Certificate of Cultural Ambassador
THE CONTENT OF THE PROGRAMME (DETAILS)
E-learning on Culture
This e-learning will help you explore the impact of culture on working effectively and confidently despite differences in culture and experience. In addition, you will gain a better understanding of Hofstede’s model, a practical and scientifically-based tool for intercultural management. It is the first step to understanding and managing individual and collective behaviours in an intercultural context.
Team Culture Scan
The Team Culture scan is an online tool designed to measure the culture of a group (for teams of up to 30 members) through an online questionnaire. After members of the team have completed the survey, you will receive a report with your actual scores on the dimensions on Organisational Culture and 6 statements per dimension describing your culture. This allows you to assess whether the culture supports the goals of the team/organisation or whether you’d like to change it.
The Culture Compass survey
The Hofstede Insights Culture Compass™ helps you understand the impact of your own cultural value preferences and behaviour while working with people from selected countries, and recognise how your own, personal background impacts the way you see and resolve problems in the workplace.
Benefits of the Course:
- First-hand insights into how to navigate the field of culture and strategy, using different models of culture.
- Insights into how to leverage national culture traits to enable change
- Case study experience in how to recognize the impact culture has on work situations
- Personal cultural pitfall assessment
- Navigate the field of organisational culture, based on the understanding of the Multi-Focus Model
- Access to the online toolkit that allows you to scan the culture and subcultures of your own organisation
- Opportunity for you to get a first-hand experience on the tool by participating in a Culture Scan process
- Insight into the combination of Organisational Culture and National Culture
- Certificate of Cultural Ambassador
Cultural Ambassador Program Agenda
09:15-10:45 Simulation and introduction to culture
11:00-12.30 Hofstede 6D model – a language to master
13.30-15.00 The impact of culture on communication
14.30-15.30 Case Study
15.45-16.30 Clustering reality
09:15-10:45 How does organisational culture form?
11:00-12.30 How do you change organisational culture?
13.30-14.30 How do you measure organisational culture?
14.30-15.30 Connecting organisational culture and national culture
15.45-16.30 Leading change
17:00-17:10 Certificates ceremony
FACILITATORS OF THE COURSE
ABOUT WASSIM KARKABI (FACILITATOR):
Managing Partner of Hofstede Insights for the Middle East & North Africa Region, and a certified Associate Partner. A Leadership & Culture subject matter expert who engages with local and international client organizations, boards and leaders as an executive coach, leadership and Organizational Culture consultant, leadership, culture and board assessment consultant and advisor to the board of directors, with over a decade of experience across the leadership spectrum.